Thursday, November 5, 2009

We Are Terrible bloggers but the pictures are public now.

So we´ve been a lot of place that we´ve not been able to write about but! I put some pictures of Cotapaxi and Otivalo and all of Germany on Picasa so you can at least see what we did.

I little bit about Cotipaxi. It´s a volcano in ecuador and it´s base resides at 14,000 feet. Ginny and I climbed to about 14,800 in just under 2 hours. That´s right less than have a mile took us 2 hours! We basically climbed for 20 to 30 seconds and had to rest for 2-5 minutes.  It was absolutely beautiful but that mountain was evil. Ginny had to stay at the 14,800 mark do to absolute exhaustion and I proceed up to the 15k mark to check out the "glaciar". It was quite tiny compared to those in alaska but nevertheless cool to say we were at 15K!  The day before we went to a pretty cool outdoor market where all the local crafts were sold cheaply. we bought a painting by Guayasimin which we love. Can´t wait to show it to you all.

LASTLY, we tried cuey OR GINEAPIG! Tastes like chicken looks like Gineapig. LITTERALLY!  they gut it, deskull it, fry it and serve it up!  I must say that I had trouble putting kiki´s thigh in my mouth and enjoying.  That´s right Ginny named the por little guy.  that´s it for now!  Enjoy the picks


Our pics so far

1 comment:

  1. Wow... you name your food! That's fabulous! I'm glad you are enjoying yourselves!

    : O)
    KP

    ReplyDelete